Friday, November 4, 2011

I Am Running For Houston County Judge!

As a result of the recent resignation announcement by Houston County Judge Lonnie Hunt, I have decided to run for the office of Houston County Judge.

At this time, there are three candidates that have announced their candidacy for Houston County Judge- myself, Jesse Stephens and Frank Minton. I have a great deal of respect for both of these men, and want to go on record as saying that I am running for the office and not against either of them. I will run a clean campaign as I have each time I ran for Mayor.

I have been the Mayor of Crockett for seven terms, almost 13 years. Overall, it has been a very gratifying experience, and I have thoroughly enjoyed serving the citizens of Crockett. The City of Crockett has many great employees as well as a City Council that genuinely cares for this city. Now I want to take my same ideas, positive attitude and clear vision to the County, and continue my service to the residents in all of Houston County.

I have always believed that it is the responsibility of each of us to give back to the community in which you have been blessed to live and work. I enjoy public service and am passionate about seeing our part of East Texas grow and prosper. And I want you to know that if elected Houston County Judge, I will dedicate myself to the good of our entire county and to being a good steward to the taxpayers of Houston County.

No comments:

Post a Comment