Well, that was enough for me to get a little defensive. After all, many of you are like me and do all you can to make this a great place to live and work. So, I thought I would list just a few of the positive things going on right here in our community-
- We have a brand new vocational/technical college about to open to provide higher education opportunities right here in Crockett, Texas.
- We have a huge highway improvement project going on on Loop 304 that will enhance traffic flow and make it a little safer for all of us when it's completed (I know, it's hard to be patient while it gets completed).
- We are about to complete a brand new 3,000 square foot addition to the Crockett Civic Center that will provide much need conference/meeting rooms and additional storm shelter if and when the time comes. And thanks to the Crockett Garden Club, the landscaping in front of the Civic Center is looking great.
- We have made numerous improvements to the Porth Ag Arena, such as new fans that help to cool the arena, as well as electrical upgrades that will help the concession stand to work smoother. And that's not to mention the awesome statue of Myrtis Dightman that was just unveiled that will help to bring tourists to our community.
- There have been several homes sold recently in Crockett, which is always a good sign, and in case you haven't noticed, the natural gas activity in parts of Houston County have heated up again.
- There are several new businesses about to relocate and or open right here in Crockett.
There, that should do it, thanks for allowing me to rant.